Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Feb. 23 - Dasu, Pakistan

Thursday, February 23 :: Dasu, Pakistan :: 0km today / 5039km total

Rain. I wasn't going anywhere today, and that wasn't entirely a bad thing, tired as my legs were from more climbing than I've ever done in 3 days. I focussed on eating and sleeping, doing copious amounts of both. The high mountains all around town, and the Indus River below, make for a stunning backdrop to this little town. When I wasn't sleeping or eating I was looking all around, taking in the beauty of the Karakoram.

In the afternoon I walked slowly down to the market, and talked with many of the locals. At one point there was a group of around 50 around me, wondering who I was and why I was in their town for a day. All were friendly, they were just curious. As always, whenever you say "Canada" (or you hear it echoed in the crowd), all are smiling and more at ease with you. Too soon I was wet from the constant drizzle, and had to scurry back to the sanctity of my hotel.

And then back to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home